Monday, May 21, 2018

Three Father's Day Cards

Happy Monday morning! I am on the SVG Attic blog today with these three Father's Day cards.  They are all very different, but all the files come from the SVG Attic Cards For Dad set.
Card #1 will be for my boys to give to my husband.  I thought it was a really fun style!  Products used include:  DCWV Copper Luxe stack, plain cardstock, Totally Pumpkin and Totally Black Trendy Twines and silver brads.
Here is a close up.
Card #2 will be going to my dad, a farmer!  I decided the card style was perfect to make an eclipse card, so I stamped several images from Raisin Boat's Homegrown stamp set onto my paper and watercolored it with Distress Inks in Walnut Stain, Fired Brick, Salty Ocean, Old Paper, Moved Lawn, Mustard Seed, and Weathered Wood.  Once it was totally dry, it was time to cut the card front!
I didn't use the original shadow cut layer under the "dad" word.  Instead I cut apart the card base and used the front part as the shadow.
Here is the finished product!  I went around the "dad" cuts with tan chalk ink to help them stand out a little more and popped them up with foam tape.  I really LOVE how this one turned out!
Last, but not least, card #3 is for my father-in-law.  This one was pretty straight forward.  I used papers from DCWV's Treasures stack and popped the "DAD" up with foam tape.  The solid colored words are actually cut from scraps of vinyl.  It was so simple to use that because you automatically have the right letter spacing and adhesive on it, so it is ready to add to the card immediately.  The only embellishment was silver brads.

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!
New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!

5 comments:

  1. Cool looking
    cards. Love
    the DAD shaped
    one.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool cards my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out so COOL! Love them... especially that neat Eclipse card!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all very cool indeed!!! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards! The masculine themes look great and I love the shaped designs!

    ReplyDelete