Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Silly Boys Layout

Hello everyone!  Beth from the DCWV Social Media Design Team here with a layout that is based on this month's Stackaholic sketch!  
I am so far behind on scrapbooking.  This photo was from the summer of 2013!  Yikes!  How does time fly so fast?  Anyway, it was way too cute not to document, so here it is!
 I started with a base of DCWV Embossed White Cardstock and splattered some Martha Stewart satin acrylic paint in Putty and Beetle Black on it.  I then used DCWV's Gilded Paper and 6"x6" Paper Lace stacks to layer and create embellishments for the LO.
The black paper is from DCWV's Jewel Toned Textured Cardstock (available at Michaels).  I cut the sentiment 3 times with my Silhouette Cameo for extra dimension.  Look how well those thin letters  cut!  I attached the circle die cuts at the bottom with Glue Dots.
Here is the sketch that I created this off of:
You can make a layout using this sketch and your DCWV papers to be entered in a drawing for free paper stacks!  All the details are on the DCWV blog.  Good luck and happy creating!

Here is a list of other items I used on this LO:
Krazy for Kraft Trendy Twine
Doily Die (retired from My Craft Spot)
Stitched Scalloped Heart Dies
Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle Dies
Washi Tape

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!








Entering here:
Feb 9 DL. Art AG
Feb 15 Word Art Wednesday
Feb 28 DL. Art Monthly

5 comments:

  1. I love this. I thought the boys looked little :) - I am at least this far behind my scrapbooking. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love how the yellow matches their shirts. The pops of black is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Beth! Your layout looks Fantastic! I LOVE the color combo and the fun picture of your boys - WE are all behind I'm sure - I don't know any crafter that is up to date on Scrapbooking - I think I stopped when my boys turned 13! Well that was clearly awhile ago since my youngest is 13! LOL Have a great day! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout page! I love everything about it! The colors look so amazing and you used the perfect papers and washi tape! That pic of your boys is absolutely adorable! Awesome take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy page. I love the bright colors-perfect for a picture of 3 silly boys wearing yellow. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

    ReplyDelete