Monday, February 06, 2017

Masculine Birthday and Father's Day Cards

Hello all!  I was recently inspired to make several cards from a 6x6 paper pad.  Now usually, the point of this is to use up the entire paper pad, as a way of using up a bit of one's stash.  I still have a few pages left in this stack because I didn't want to make TOO many of one design of card, but I sure knocked a big dent into it.  Here is all of the cards together created from the Echo Park 6x6 Reflections: Fall stack.
The birthday cards all have the same layout and stamps, just with different patterned papers.  The elk silhouette stamp is from Stampabilities and the Winter Woods tree stamp is from Rubber Stampede.
I used Chocolate Truffle Trendy Twine on most of the cards, but on some with a dark strip in the center, I used Krazy for Kraft TT.  The sentiment is a retired stamp from My Craft Spot and is punched out with a 1" circle punch.  The black circle layer is a stitched circle die.  THIS is where I got the inspiration for these cards.  She included the measurements and everything!
The scraps that were left over from the cards I made were combined into two Father's Day cards!
They are very simple, only using some May Arts ribbon, Stitched Rectangle dies, brads and a Happy Father's Day stamp.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea for using up some paper. I love these cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cyndy! There is something so nice about making a point to try to use up paper pads! I need to make room in my paper stash ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow! These are all amazing!!! I never have enough masculine cards on hand-this
    Is a great idea!!!! Love all the designs and awesome paper pack!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look amazing Beth! I've seen blogs they are dedicated to using up their 6x6 paper pads... and I like my paper too much to use it up! LOL I know SILLY! But I can't help it - I tend to purchase 2 6x6 packs... using one and keeping the other! Talk about crafter issues! LOL LOVE your assorted masculine cards though - may have to toughen up and try it! :) Have a wonderful day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a good idea and these cards are perfect for males

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards! You did an awesome job using up your paper pad to make a variety of cards! The masculine theme is awesome!

    ReplyDelete