Monday, February 09, 2015

Spelling Bee Card

Hello all!  My 8 year-old son loves to spell and read.  His grade school recently had a spelling bee.  Each class had a bee and the one who won that went to the school spelling bee.  He was in the 1-3 grade group and he won 1st place!  We were so proud of him.  His winning word was "university" :)  Here is a card I made for him for his achievement!
The background is embossed with a hexagon folder and then I inked it with black ink.  The cute bee is from Miss Kate Cuttables.  I did a print and cut.  I wish the colors of the bee had been closer to the papers I used, but that is what you get with print and cut.  I added a fun bow of Midnight Trendy Twine below the bee.
The letters along the left I cut out three times each so they would have a thickness like chipboard.
When I gave this to my son he absolutely loved it!  In fact he told me this was the best thing I had done for him EVER...yeah.  Not so sure about that, but I guess that tells you how much he liked it LOL!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Hilighted at Miss Kate Cuttables!

Entering here:
Feb 10 TTCRD
Feb 10 Word Art Wednesday
Feb 15 613 Avenue Create
Feb 28 DL.Art monthly linky

9 comments:

  1. Awesome card and what a smartie! That is so great and he sounds like a little sweetie to! I love the background and fun inking! The bumble bee is so cute! Great job to your little man~Congrats!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, love the bright and cheery colors of your card! Congrats to your son, that is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Beth, this is just too adorable! Thanks so much for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG how adorable is this card! Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you'll stop back again! And, thanks also for playing in our challenge at 613 Avenue Creates! We hope you’ll come join us again real soon! Great job!
    Darlene
    613 Avenue Create DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word how bee-tiful this is.... Thanks a bunch Beth for stopping by and leaving me loving comments..... enjoy your crafty moments~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word how bee-tiful this is.... Thanks a bunch Beth for stopping by and leaving me loving comments..... enjoy your crafty moments~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congrats to him on winning 1st place. Your card is awesome and so perfect for the occasion. Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you have accepted the 613 Ave C challenge to share your project & creativity Beth! What a keepsake memory for your son! He is so proud YOU are proud of him! Good job Mom!
    ~ginny,
    DT for 613 Ave Create – [ ATG w/optional twist of Color Bingo]
    Owner: RubberMAD at [GettyCollection.com]

    ReplyDelete