Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pot Of Gold

Hello everyone!  Over the last couple weeks there have been some changes at SVG Attic.  Most importantly, it has switched owners.  SVG Attic is now owned by Mike and Kenzie Daley who are the creators of SnapDragon Snippets.  They really have wonderful designs available in the Silhouette store, so head over there to check them out!

For this week's project I combined the Pot O' Gold file by SnapDragon Snippets with the Go Green set from SVG Attic to make this darling St. Patrick's Day decoration.
I sized the Pot O' Gold file so that the biggest piece was 11.5" to make it as large as I could.  Next I sized the shamrock border from the Go Green set to 0.5" tall.  I cut the base from green adhesive vinyl and the top layer out of gold glitter vinyl.  Using vinyl made the layering and adhering to the pot a breeze!  I used 3.5 lengths of the border to go all around the top.  I also saved some of the negative shamrock cuts out of the gold vinyl for embellishments for the bottom of the pot.
 Around the middle of the pot, I wrapped jute ribbon first, then added embroidery floss in the colors of the rainbow for a pop of color.  The shamrock is from the Go Green set.  I added a twine bow and the stamped sentiment from My Craft Spot's tiny tags set to finish it off.
 At the bottom I added another shamrock that I cut out, several green sequins, the gold vinyl shamrock cuts that I saved from the border and tiny dots of gold glitter.
 Best of all, the pot also opens up so it can hold even more treats!
To find an assembly tutorial for the Pot O' Gold, you can go HERE.

UPDATE:  You can now find the Pot O' Gold (and many other cute files) on SVG Attic in the set called Charmingly Green!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Challenge Winner at Chalk-Ah-Lot!

Selected to be in the spotlight at Red Carpet Studio!
Entering here:
Feb 28 3 Girl JAM
Feb 28 A Gem Of A Challenge
Feb 28 DL.Art 
Feb 28 Silhouette Challenge
March 2 Craftin Desert Diva's
March 2 Kaboodle Doodles
March 2 613 Avenue Create
March 3 TTCRD
March 5 Word Art Wednesday
March 5 Crafting By Designs
March 8 Red Carpet Studio (used gold vinyl and embellishments)
March 9 Chalk-ah-Lot (tan and black chalk on tag)
March 14 Docerela Creations
March 26 Just Keep On Creating

26 comments:

  1. Hey Beth! This looks AMAZING!!! What a fabulous project!!! So much fun for St. Patty's Day!!! You really did a terrific job with this! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Craftin' Desert Divas!

    Have a wonderful day!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how cute is this?! Love the rainbow colored floss around the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CUTE!!! The rainbow twine is VERY creative!
    Have a GREAT day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative! Love the shape and the details! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a great pot of gold project. It's great. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so unique, I love the design great cut file.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth! I always LOVE LOVE LOVE your sweet cards and creations, and I'm always SO incredibly grateful for every single entry you share at Word Art Wednesday, and I hope that you will always continue to play along with us. I love your creativity and participation. I also know that you love good challenge blogs, and I wanted to tell you about another one. I'm not on the Design Team, but I used to be. They just started holding challenges, and they haven't had many entries (so chances of winning are good). It's called Classy Cards 'N Such (www.classycardsnsuch,blogspot.com) and I hope you will check it out. You need to use any item sold in their store to play along, but that's easy cuz they sell a lot of things that most crafters own. I hope you will play along and share your awesome creations there. The prizes are always really nice, too.

    Thanks again for your support at Word Art Wednesday. I always appreciate it. I hope you're having a great week, too!
    Take care and I will chat with you soon,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing project. Thanks for playing at RCS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how adorable!!! Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's We hope that you will join us again for the next linky party!

    CDD DT Robin
    Cut One Designs by Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun is this pot of gold!?! Love the design and the rainbow twine is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at 3GirlJAM in February. I hope we see you again this month for our new challenge. Have a beautiful weekend! ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful project. Thank you for joining us at 613 Ave Create challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Beth!
    Your project will be featured on our Facebook page Sunday. www.facebook.com/avenue613. I think it will post around 5:00 am! Thanks for playing along and thanks for the great projects!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Very cool. Perfect for a teacher's desk or at my work desk. Everyone there loves treats. Fabulous rainbow for our challenge. Thanks for linking up at Chalk Ah Lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so fun! Great project. Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio this week and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great project!
    Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations.
    DT Member Susana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun pot o gold! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great centerpiece that makes! Thanks for sharing it over at Red Carpet Studios!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH WOW this is just simply BRILLIANT!!! Ingenious!
    Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.
    xxxx
    Riette, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just came from Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe and your wonderful 3D Pot of Gold won Ch56 Rainbows. Congrats. Like the 3D creation. I do not have a Silhouette. A friend of mine has a Silhouette and likes it a lot. I have as Cricut. I read that you sized the creation to have the largest piece 11.5". Was curious as to overall size of this once assembled?
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa,
      Thanks for you wonderful comment! The finished measurements of the pot are 4.5" tall and 5" diameter.

      Delete
  21. Wow - great project. Love the coloured fibres, all the shamrocks and the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a really great project, I love the embellishments and all the effort you put into it was certainly worth it as it looks great. St Patrick's day is always so much fun, I might just celebrate it this year.

    Thanks so much for sharing this project at Anything goes, just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute St. Patty's Day decoration! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along at RCS!

    ReplyDelete